Sunday, February 22, 2009

Emerald Pools Hike

This weekend Ti and I decided to take a break from the usual never-ending amount of homework we continuously have on the weekends and went to Zions! We have been wanting to go for a while and decided it was warming up enough we should be fine to go and it shouldn't be too bad up there...it was perfect and really pretty!
We decided to hike the Emerald Pools because it has been a little rainy down here and we figured we may be able to see some pretty waterfalls... The picture to the left is from underneath the lowest fall and the beginning of mud...I walked along the banister to try and avoid getting too muddy but found out rather quickly that I shouldn't have wasted my time because it only got worse! :)
The picture with Ti is just after we hiked out from under the first fall...and there was another water fall that is not normally there just coming down off the side of the cliff...
Just after we came out from under the lowest fall, we began the never-ending stair cases...who knows really how many stairs we climbed up but really it seemed like a lot :O) Good exercise though!


The views from almost any point made the trip definitely more worth going! It was SO pretty and because there wasn't very many people and they were all really occupied with the mud--- we were able to see some wild life. We did take a few pictures but we didn't sit in awe at the deers eating...

I really like this picture of Ti :) I got out of bed, brushed my teeth and hair and then threw on a hat, hoodie, and jeans and we were off... Ti put on mascara and straightened her hair, brushed her teeth and we headed out the door.


We continued our hike up to the middle pool and we found a couple eating lunch so we decided not to stay very long and continued up the path. As we started to get closer to the upper fall we could see it creeping over the cliff and because I have never been there before I kept asking Ti if we were close or getting closer because I wasn't sure she wanted to keep going. But when we made it....


It was beautiful up there! We had lots of fun watching some little boys decide if they could walk on the ice or if it would break...it broke and then he said he wasn't really trying to walk on it, he was just sitting on the log setting his feet on the ice....RIGHT LOL we heard the whole story and it was just funny.. Poor kid, he had to hike out of there with frozen feet...BUR!









This is just a little hint of the mud that we trudged through on the way back down from the falls...we had no idea that it was going to be as muddy as it was this way back or we would have gone down the way we went up! We should have taken a hint when there was no one coming up the trail but uh we didn't and regardless we had a great time! I did take a slip in the mud but I saved the camera :) I think we had about ten pounds of mud on our feet by the time we got to the bottom. If we would have gone in my car we would have had a mud fight :) Thanks for the adventure Ti and for going with me! I had a great time away from homework and school!! (Sorry for all the spaces...I had a really hard time getting this post to work, this is my third time doing it and needless to say I don't have the patience to try and fix it...)

5 comments:

Tianne said...

Kali, Kali, Kali! I have you know that I got dressed too :) LOL I just had to make that clear because you stated you got dressed and didn't mention that I did! J/K We really need to have more adventures like this one. Despite the legs being tired it was a blast and you don't know how much I had to resist with a mud fight. Maybe next time :) Maybe our next adventure can be angels landing, but shhh don't tell my dad!!!

Tianne said...

Hey... Do you know the muffin man? :)

Grandma and Grandpa Lamb said...

Hey girls. I can read you know. I would have to put a nix on angels landing but I just don't think that it would do any good. I am so excited that you two get along so good and have so much fun together. /cute pictures/ cute girls/ cute deer/ what else can we way!

Grandma and Grandpa Lamb said...

grandpa proofread my comments and said that I needed to correct my spelling error. SO I am SORRY , It should have said /cute pictures/ cute girls/ cute deer/what else can we say!!!!!!

mark and Ashley said...

dude you really need to add to your blog!